•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    well its a part of that yeah - had interview friday so know about that. three more lined up this week.
    Richard Gray
    zumojuice | Facebook | Twitter

If you're confident and show it, you have a better chance. I was up for an art director's position once and there was a Junior design position available too. Well, while I was in the interview, the owner mentioned that position and if I was interested in it and I said I wasn't interested. Well, I got hired as the art director. I think if I would have said yes for the other position, he would have found someone else for the art director position.

Also, know the company you're applying for a position in. This is important. And act as though that company is the only company you want to work for. Sounds corny, but if you come across as loyal, it's easier to get hired.

Make sure you have stories for each piece in your portfolio. This lets the person who's interviewing you know that you are obviously knowledgeable in design and the software.

Also having a story to tell on how you solved a specific design problem (on the software end) helps a lot.
    Christina Wilkinson
    Sabre Design

I think, at least in the creative field, being able to show that creativity and knowledge is significant. If you come in looking smart edgy and creative as well as speaking it, even better.

I had an interview this summer lasting for about an hour. For the better half we just spoke like two designers, asking questions back and forth, opinions, the state of the design community, significance of design to culture, history, etc. It was completely natural, because i went into it as a fellow designer, not as someone looking/needing/desperate for/ a job. Keep that in mind. If you can eliminate the interview-part of a job interview that can be the single most powerful maneuver.

There was once as the story goes a big marketing firm in Milton Keynes, that just about every marketing person went for. The manager of the company said he didn't want any falseness so he sat a friend in the reception area talking to the interviewees and telling them the old 'imaginge them in their underwear and you'll relax' tale, and when the interviewees went into the interview the boss was actually sat in his underwear and no-one knew how to react apart from 3.

They got the jobs and get paid alot for being prepared for any situation.
    "It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Lynne View Post
    There was once as the story goes a big marketing firm in Milton Keynes, that just about every marketing person went for. The manager of the company said he didn't want any falseness so he sat a friend in the reception area talking to the interviewees and telling them the old 'imaginge them in their underwear and you'll relax' tale, and when the interviewees went into the interview the boss was actually sat in his underwear and no-one knew how to react apart from 3.

They got the jobs and get paid alot for being prepared for any situation.
    Now that -is- awesome. But is it true?

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Toon On Twitter Add Toon on Facebook Add Toon on Google+
    Add Toon on Linkedin Follow Toon on Flickr Visit Toon's Youtube Channel
    Yep I've heard that one before, apparently they have all sort of interview techniques they pull to try and get the best

Hay Toon This is a gr8 therad..
    Thx.. lots to gain...
    thx guy's and gals...
    i'm trying to apply for a GD post this dec.
    still i'm a student..
    ..:: One Day You can Fly ::..

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    Well Well Hi Again Its strange as today I'm Going to a Interview,

Thx for the thred guy's /gal's also i'm happy to post after my own post while i was a Student..

Thx Guy's
    ..:: One Day You can Fly ::..

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last