•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->

Cecept Sketches for 3d Animation

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    *EDIT* yeah i now realise i have spelt concept - cepcept, again this is alchohol talking!

Ok so im taking a unit this semester called Animation for Characters where we will be designing modelling rigging and animating a character using 3ds Max.

Now before i get started i have to come up with some concept designs of my character (front side top etc) of them standing in the T position

Now i have decided to do a pick and mix of cartoon characters into one model.. for example the head of woody, a leg of a power ranger and a leg of a turle, an arm of popeye and an arm of superman.

Something along those lines anyways. Now i have to hand draw these characters before i start to model them and my drawing skills SUCK!

So what i propose to do is find images from the net - hopefully concept sketches of such characters, create the character in photoshop and then print it off and trace over them - thus giving me concept sketches to work on.

Now this is where i need some help. Im findiing it hard to get hold of suitable images to do this with. infact very hard so if anyone knows of any good sites where i can get concept drawins from disney films etc that will be much appreciated

OR if anyone is a good artist ill be more than happy to give them some dollar to do some concept sketches for me

Thaaaaanks! :flowers:

Here's a muscly turtle arm to start you off!

Sarah Patience BDes. :: Freelance Graphic Designer

ooh didn't read properly, should have been a turtles leg!

Most of the characters you should find decent enough images to trace from by doing a google image search. Look forward to seeing the resulting character!
    Sarah Patience BDes. :: Freelance Graphic Designer

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    i was thinking the same however its not the case :( finding it hard to get reference material - dont have to be the characters listed - im open to suggestions of what might look kool!