Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What's the word?

  1. #1
    CSS Wizardry < Forum Moderator > Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Leeds, England

    What's the word?

    Hi all. Does anyone know the word for the design whereby the first letter of every page/paragraph is highly styled. Popularised by monks handwriting the Bible. Cheers, Harry.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    sarcastic encouragement, brilliant! rossable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio, United States

    My Social Networking

    Follow rossable On Twitter Add rossable on Facebook Add rossable on Google+
    Add rossable on Linkedin Visit rossable's Youtube Channel
    website | not a website - great design forces grokking.

  4. #4
    Illuminated writing.

  5. #5
    Design Guru < Forum Moderator > strev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    North of Estetica
    I think its illuminated too, but I just opened my Book of Kells & in the intro it refers to the entire page(s) as being illuminated.
    “Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.”

Similar Threads

  1. Word Association
    By Kira-Dee in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 26102
    Last Post: 20-01-2016, 06:44 PM
  2. 3 Word Story
    By james dean in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 04:01 PM
  3. The Big Word Project
    By Harry in forum Great Web Design
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-05-2012, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts