•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    bunch of kids. We didn't come here saying we were offering a big prize. we know we offered very little, no one forced anyone to stay here. There are some young artist with some spare time that are sending me their works, if you are not interested instead of offending you should just leave this thread. In a period with bad economy there is a bunch of people that spend their spare time trying to earn something ( lil money and a future collaboration with regular salary ) instead of being fooling aroudn into forums just to write idiot stuff.

and just so you now...fiverr. com there's a bunch of people willing to work for less than that. If you all are great, spoiled, artist, that are offended by poor offers, well you guys should be in a rich office in a rich company, instead of being here ;)

I don't think anyone was messing around, you got a full $10 of seriousness from everyone involved
    Illustration Design Blog - Designed by Graphic Design Forum * Graphic Design Blog

Quote Originally Posted by novus View Post
    well you guys should be in a rich office in a rich company, instead of being here ;)
    That's the point we are and we got there by not pimping ourselves out to cheap twats like you

My Social Networking

Follow The Simulator On Twitter Add The Simulator on Facebook Add The Simulator on Google+
    Firstly, we're not a bunch of kids. A lot of us are very well respected people within the design community with great portfolio's and client bases.

Yes, you are not forcing anyone to do this. However, you are devaluing an entire industry, and industry that is peoples' livelihood, myself included. If you needed a new house building would you approach a load of building firms and ask them to build you a house for $1,000?? No you wouldn't, because you know that isn't a fair price to pay them for their time. It's the same principle here.

So forgive us for not really giving this the time of day or taking you 'offer' seriously.

I think you got more than your $10 worth here. I'd have paid that just for the comedy value
    !retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

bunch of kids. We didn't come here saying we were offering a big prize. we know we offered very little, no one forced anyone to stay here. There are some young artist with some spare time that are sending me their works, if you are not interested instead of offending you should just leave this thread. In a period with bad economy there is a bunch of people that spend their spare time trying to earn something ( lil money and a future collaboration with regular salary ) instead of being fooling aroudn into forums just to write idiot stuff.

and just so you now...fiverr. com there's a bunch of people willing to work for less than that. If you all are great, spoiled, artist, that are offended by poor offers, well you guys should be in a rich office in a rich company, instead of being here ;)
    I take it your software will be open source? Since you're not interested in money.
    Keats and Yeats are on your side, while Wilde is on mine.
    www.elbowroomgraphics.com | twitter

This has been my favorite thread for ages!

If you want to pay $5 for a logo then go to Fiverr as you suggest. You might even get a pretty logo for $5. If you'd had even the briefest look at previous posts regarding "budget" logo requests, you'd see that the active members of this forum will suggest that designing a logo for $50 is laughably low, and you wouldn't have been surprised that your offer of $10 is verging on offensive.

Monkeys and Peanuts, Monkeys and Peanuts.

[[ WARNING ANALOGY BEING STRETCHED AHEAD ]]

And the promise of additional work in the future? Yeah, last time I brought a TV, I promised Sony that I'd buy a Stereo in 6 months time and a Playstation in a year if I could buy it for 30. They didn't seem so keen so I brought an old Matsui one off eBay for 10. It didn't do the job properly, the volume button broke. I went back to the seller (it was a 2nd had TV repair shop) but they said it was working when they had it, however they could fix it for a minimum fee of 120.

I brought a new TV instead.

Monkeys and Peanuts.

PS, it would be great to see the end result when you have it, maybe to prove us all wrong?
    Last edited by GraphicDesignDerby; 09-11-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: not $, I'm British

Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last