•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Website design?

Aannaa

Website design?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

I need to design a website. Web designing is not a difficult task, but to begin with you definitely require someone to show you the 1st step. The best software you can use is dream weaver; itís a straight forward one as long as you have the basic idea.

My Social Networking

Follow StiligeCecilie On Twitter Add StiligeCecilie on Facebook Add StiligeCecilie on Google+
    I disagree on using Dreamweaver. The WYSIWYG editor does definitely not give you what you see. It creates messy code and might not work as intended. I recommend using a text editor for full control over your own code, and to create cleaner code.
    Portfolio | Pinterest | Facebook | Art prints, and printed merchandise made by me: Society6 Shop

Aannaa
    Thanks for your useful suggestion, I will sure consider on it....

Quote Originally Posted by StiligeCecilie View Post
    I disagree on using Dreamweaver. The WYSIWYG editor does definitely not give you what you see. It creates messy code and might not work as intended. I recommend using a text editor for full control over your own code, and to create cleaner code.
    I'm not a full-on web programmer but I totally agree with this.
    Christina Wilkinson
    Sabre Design

My Social Networking

Follow Jay On Twitter
    I use Dreamweaver for all of my coding. However, I always code in "code view" and I don't use any of the dreamweaver tools. It's more for ease of use with the ftp uploads. Saves me a lot of time when coding as I am able to just push a shortcut key to update a site on the ftp rather than have to go to an ftp client and drag and drop my files in there.

Using dreamweaver as a WYSIWG editor is definitely a bad idea though!

Theres also a difference to note here between web design and web development.
    Digital Developer/Designer - Digitise.Me - Follow me on Twitter - + Us on Google Plus

My Social Networking

Follow StiligeCecilie On Twitter Add StiligeCecilie on Facebook Add StiligeCecilie on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCR View Post
    I use Dreamweaver for all of my coding. However, I always code in "code view" and I don't use any of the dreamweaver tools. It's more for ease of use with the ftp uploads. Saves me a lot of time when coding as I am able to just push a shortcut key to update a site on the ftp rather than have to go to an ftp client and drag and drop my files in there.

Using dreamweaver as a WYSIWG editor is definitely a bad idea though!
    If I edit directly from the server (in Notepad++), I just have to agree to update the file in FileZilla, and I can see it live. Just as effective, only more lightweight?
    I can't stand DW, I hate it when files accidentally open in DW.. Takes forever to load, and I really don't need the functions.
    Portfolio | Pinterest | Facebook | Art prints, and printed merchandise made by me: Society6 Shop

My Social Networking

Follow Jay On Twitter
    If I edit directly from the server (in Notepad++), I just have to agree to update the file in FileZilla, and I can see it live. Just as effective, only more lightweight?
    I can't stand DW, I hate it when files accidentally open in DW.. Takes forever to load, and I really don't need the functions.
    I've only ever used notepad++ on linux and that was a bit different then as I was working on my own environment. Something I can look into though, cheers!

I always used to use PSPad, then when I started work in this agency they all used Dreamweaver, so I kind of had to get used to it in order to keep to their practices.

I have the opening files with fireworks, used to be so annoying when png's would open in fireworks and hog resources. Now I've had to go through and attribute all files to the correct programs.
    Digital Developer/Designer - Digitise.Me - Follow me on Twitter - + Us on Google Plus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

I have to agree and disagree, I use notepad++ to makes small edits on files on the server but when working with heavy files I tend to use Dreamweaver, although I use no functions of the program as I type the code by hand it saves time by predicting closing tags and some style elements, also flags errors.

Put your Adobe suite on an SSD and everything will open as fast and notepad :D.
    Imaginatio est principio creationis ★☆★ LWM - Moodboard - FB

Page 1 of 3 123 Last