Only small point is all the text seems bold there's no rael differences in type weight for the sections
The logo needs some space to breathe...it's very tight up there.
Also the space to the right of the logo in the header just looks a little bare, i would look at utilizing the space better, maybe put the social buttons in there instead of the nav bar.
I think this may be touching on what Sammy said, but the font sizes for the section headers, the links, the newsletter line, the tagline for the logo...they're all the same (or very, very close) in size. I'd suggest differing them more to give a better sense of a hierarchy.
I also agree with The Simulator about the space to the right of the logo looking bare.
Thanks for the feeback guys, here's where Im going after yourselves and the clients feedback:
- logo is changing and i will be shrinking it to have more space above and below
- social icons will be moving into the top right hand corner where current mailing list is
- mailing list below social but shortened and put onto 2/3 lines
- nav links will fill the navbar instead of being left aligned
- photo on the right handside of the background swapped at the clients request
Already have taken on board Jennifers advice and adjusted the size of font's in order to give some heirarchy.
Helps been great on this one, so cheers!
I actually think the layout of the logo is fine it's the font, it's too chopped up for me, something really simple and really bold would work fine like Futura Extra Black