•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

My site and portfolio

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hey I am trying to get some feedback on my site and portfolio. I have one year left of school so that will help out with the portfolio section. I know the my services page is not very good and need some freshening up. I am also not in love with my branding but am going to stick with it for the time being. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.nbdesigner.net
    Last edited by nbdesigner; 18-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Love the portfolio layout and you have some great work, I would remove the Eat, Shit and Die piece from your main page, first impressions count and the wording put me off a little although I do get the piece.

Thanks for the comments. I hear where you are coming from on the eat shit and die project on my homepage. I probably will take it down from the homepage. It is my favorite project but it does rub some the wrong way. Without the write up it may seem worse.

Does anyone else have any comments? I love constructive criticism.

My Social Networking

Follow The Simulator On Twitter Add The Simulator on Facebook Add The Simulator on Google+
    I think you're off to a strong start. If you, like me, prefer print design/identity design then it's never fun having to do the web stuff...i personally struggle (hence why my own site is so shit) but I like the overall feel of you site. It's just a pleasent site to be one. But as you've said, your services page could use some attention, it's just so boring. And also maybe add some styling to your images that are in with text?

I love some of your work, really enjoyed the Pilgrim Ale. Hopefully it all goes well for you!

Looks very good, the design needs developing but it will come in time but for now its still very strong and clear with good navigation.

Some of the social links in the footer don't work. The section is a MESS! I know it can be a pain with wordpress but you should combine your JS into one file or a file for each section so you only call the JS when its needed. You have a few unclosed elements but nothing serious try and give the HTML a quick going over it will take 10mins [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.nbdesigner.net/ - W3C Markup Validator

I'm not convinced you need the 'My Services' section or if you do it should be a little more interactive and engaging.

Your 'About' page could also do with some cleaning and styling, your image would look bad @ss in BW and blown up.

Oh and your permalinks look a mess use /%postname% it will help with SEO as well.
    Imaginatio est principio creationis ★☆★ LWM - Moodboard - FB

@The Simulator Thanks I definitely need to do something with the my services section.

Quote Originally Posted by marble_pars View Post
    Looks very good, the design needs developing but it will come in time but for now its still very strong and clear with good navigation.

Some of the social links in the footer don't work. The <head> section is a MESS! I know it can be a pain with wordpress but you should combine your JS into one file or a file for each section so you only call the JS when its needed. You have a few unclosed elements but nothing serious try and give the HTML a quick going over it will take 10mins [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.nbdesigner.net/ - W3C Markup Validator

I'm not convinced you need the 'My Services' section or if you do it should be a little more interactive and engaging.

Your 'About' page could also do with some cleaning and styling, your image would look bad @ss in BW and blown up.

Oh and your permalinks look a mess use /%postname% it will help with SEO as well.
    Cool thanks for your reply. I will be the first to say I am not very strong in web. I am concentrating in web this last year of school so hopefully my skills will get much better. I don't know php so I bought a wordpress template and edited it to look the same as my resume.

I would not know where to start with combining JS into one file or a file for each section so you only call the JS when its needed. i will go threw and clean up the couple of errors in html. Where would I add /%postname%? I definitely want to make my SEO better.

Thanks I appreciate the response.
    Last edited by nbdesigner; 20-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.

I love it, I love the work that fills the screen it's the main focuss
    MOUSE OVER >> Oi! Naff Off You Nosey Git

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow pizzolodesigns On Twitter Add pizzolodesigns on Facebook

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

very clean work.. i do like it. but it does remind me of a lot of other websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last