•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->

How to backup iphone contacts without losing the old ones?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

everythime I use itunes to sync my iphone contacts the old contacts will be deleted automaticly, anybody know how to advoid this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth Miller View Post
    everythime I use itunes to sync my iphone contacts the old contacts will be deleted automaticly, anybody know how to advoid this problem?
    Of course itunes will delete the old data if you sync your iphone with itunes! You should put your iphone on itunes manual management, which lets you drag and drop what you want onto your iphone without syncing. do as the following: Connect your iphone to computer and launch itunesfind iphone under the "Devices" category in the left panelcheck the "Summary" tab on the right click "Manually Manage" "Apply". Well if you don’t wanna go through the troubles just get a iphone transfer to do all the backup thing.

If you want to keep contacts matching on your iPod and computer, you have to synch them. Otherwise it will delete contacts.

I had to reinstall my software on my iPod and because I synched them, I was able to update my iPod with what had been backed-up on my computer.
    Christina Wilkinson
    Sabre Design

as all we know , iTunes doesn’t allow you to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad directly,and bluetooth can do nothing to transfer too. Now I share my experience: you need a USB cable with the device can configure cantact in itunes .Using a third-party software is a quick way export the contacts from iPhone to computer . For more information ,search “how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to computer” or “how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac”

Quote Originally Posted by gigiwill View Post
    as all we know , iTunes doesn’t allow you to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad directly,and bluetooth can do nothing to transfer too. Now I share my experience: you need a USB cable with the device can configure cantact in itunes .Using a third-party software is a quick way export the contacts from iPhone to computer . For more information ,search “how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to computer” or “how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac”
    They don't mention an ipad in the OP. So everything you've mentioned seems to be overkill.
    Christina Wilkinson
    Sabre Design

You can extract your contacts from the iTunes backup when you lost your iPhone. iTunes can automatically back up your iPhone contacts and update it every time when you sync it. So you really have a big chance to recover contacts from iTunes backup.
    If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted contacts from your iPhone.

Solution 1: Scan and extract iTunes backup to recover iPhone contacts (without iPhone)
    Step 1: Scan the backup file
    Step 2: Recover your iPhone contacts

Solution 2: Directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS
    Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer
    Step 2: Enter the device's scanning mode and scan it
    1) Hold your device and click the "Start" button.
    2) Pressing the "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time for exact 10 seconds.
    3) Then release the "Power" button, but keep holding "Home" for another 15 seconds until you get
    Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone contacts

Maybe you can backup them to iCloud or PC instead iTunes.
    iCloud is more convenient than iTunes. Because wherever you go, you can do the backup easily as long as you have the internet connection.
    Go to Settings>iCloud>storage & backup> Click “Back up now”
    Or
    you can backup iPhone data to PC. But in this way, you must rely on some iPhone data recovery software to help you.
    Last edited by Toon; 16-07-2014 at 08:28 AM.

My Social Networking

Follow StiligeCecilie On Twitter Add StiligeCecilie on Facebook Add StiligeCecilie on Google+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Closing to prevent spam.
    Portfolio | Pinterest | Facebook | Art prints, and printed merchandise made by me: Society6 Shop