Welcome to the Graphic and Web Design Forum

your forum for all things Design

  •  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

  1. #1

    Slug Area in In-Design


    Excuse my ignorance trying to move to In-design from Illustrator and Photoshop, what is the Slug Area?

    I get bleed but this is kind of new to me
    Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

  2. #2
    It's basically an area around the page - allowing for trim marks, notes, reg marks etc
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. (George Carlin)

  3. #3
    Correct, info area that won't print, where as bleed, most of it can print if needed
    Beauty is in the eye.......that's it

  4. #4
    Cwilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007


    If you plan on making color or a photo go off the edge of the paper, it needs to extend beyond the edge. This is because when the paper is cut, it's never exact so it allows the printer to cut best they can without having to line up with a non-bleed area.
    Christina Wilkinson
    Sabre Design

Similar Threads

  1. Post up your personal design area!
    By Hatton92 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-12-2010, 03:44 PM
  2. kitchen - dinning area
    By dd_ in forum General 3D Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
  3. Looking for work in the Rotherham area.
    By AlexGregory in forum Advertising Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-03-2009, 07:53 PM
  4. Gloucester Area
    By Timmo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-11-2008, 06:39 PM
  5. Client Area
    By mindofmel in forum Graphic Design and Web Design Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-02-2008, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Log in