•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->

static website or dynamic website?

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    I would like to know if static or dynamic websites perform the best?I was originally looking into using wordpress but i thought wordpress isn't customizable enough for my liking hence hire a developer and make a static website builder with my template inserted so i can point and click and drag and drop to edit the website.But would static websites have cross browser problems?anyway i could avoid?

dynamic everytime
    Make Awkward Advances Towards Women - Not War

There are many static websites on the Internet, you won’t be able to tell immediately if it is static, but the chances are, if the site looks basic and is for a smaller company, and simply delivers information without any bells and whistles, it could be a static website. Static websites can only really be updated by someone with a knowledge of website development. Static websites are the cheapest to develop and host, and many smaller companies still use these to get a web presence.
    Advantages of static websites

• Quick to develop
    • Cheap to develop
    • Cheap to host

Disadvantages of static websites

• Requires web development expertise to update site
    • Site not as useful for the user
    • Content can get stagnant

Dynamic sites on the other hand can be more expensive to develop initially, but the advantages are numerous. At a basic level, a dynamic website can give the website owner the ability to simply update and add new content to the site. For example, news and events could be posted to the site through a simple browser interface. Dynamic features of a site are only limited by imagination. Some examples of dynamic website features could be: content management system, e-commerce system, bulletin / discussion boards, intranet or extranet facilities, ability for clients or users to upload documents, ability for administrators or users to create content or add information to a site (dynamic publishing).
    Advantages of dynamic websites

• Much more functional website
    • Much easier to update
    • New content brings people back to the site and helps in the search engines
    • Can work as a system to allow staff or users to collaborate

Disadvantages of dynamic websites

• Slower / more expensive to develop
    • Hosting costs a little more

Summary

Many sites from the last decade are static, but more and more people are realising the advantages of having a dynamic website. Dynamic websites can make the most of your site and either use it as a tool or create a professional, interesting experience for your visitors.

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    Dynamic website is better. and in wordpress, you change anything (design) whatever you want