•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Cube Van Wrap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

I like the roll-up door. Good way to break out of your original idea for a solution to a nagging problem. It still need to be cleaned up a bit - put the metal slats on the door to make it a bit more realistic, that sort of thing. Agree with your boss about the plywood inside, much better than the metal look from before.

Also agree with rossable to look at a lot of the inside of trucks to get a better feel. Best would be to go out and take a hundred pictures of your trucks from every angle you can get, with as much light as you can get. Try to get them with stuff inside so you know exactly what you would see (even if you don't actually replicate that, you will know what it SHOULD be so you can take it from there). Here's one image that my search on "interior shipping truck" came up with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock-photo-interior-view-of-empty-semi-truck-trailer-18358411.jpg 
Views:	1416 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	3382

I think you are doing an awesome job plugging away at this. A lot of people would have quit by now. Keep at it - eventually you'll get to the right point!

Quote Originally Posted by rossable View Post
    the perspective of your contents needs to match the truck, which is far to exaggerated for the straight side viewing angle.
    Agreed. I looked again after reading your comment and it does look kind of retarded.

the textures and items are low resolution, unless you are doing a proof of concept you need to clean it up a lot.
    The main file I'm working on is built at 1:1 to the size of the truck. It looks better zoomed in, on my screen than it does on the small mockup I've posted here.
    the logos at the bottom break the illusion.
    I don't know where else to put them. Maybe I'll make a metal strip or something but... they don't particularly bother me where they are.
    the right wall should look like the door and not be solid. [here's some more idea fodder!]
    and for the record, i still think this ad style is bad.
    Oh yeah. I'll change that, It'll help when the perspective is fixed too.
    As for the ad style, I've been staring at it so long that I don't like it anymore either, but my boss loves it.
    Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    I like the roll-up door. Good way to break out of your original idea for a solution to a nagging problem. It still need to be cleaned up a bit - put the metal slats on the door to make it a bit more realistic, that sort of thing. Agree with your boss about the plywood inside, much better than the metal look from before.
    Thanks for liking it. I needed that. I want to get this over with.
    Where would I put the metal slate? On the far back wall? Not really getting what you're saying.
    Is that plywood texture believable enough for you? I've only been working with photoshop for a couple months and all I can really do to make textures is follow tutorials.
    Also agree with rossable to look at a lot of the inside of trucks to get a better feel. Best would be to go out and take a hundred pictures of your trucks from every angle you can get, with as much light as you can get. Try to get them with stuff inside so you know exactly what you would see (even if you don't actually replicate that, you will know what it SHOULD be so you can take it from there).
    Hard to do as our trucks don't actually have roll-up doors on the sides. I don't think many do, actually. I had just taken a break and started working on the back (which obviously has a roll-up door) and decided to try the idea on the sides. I get the idea though, to try and find the right perspective. I may try taking some pictures of an open shipping door and getting the angles from there.
    I think you are doing an awesome job plugging away at this. A lot of people would have quit by now. Keep at it - eventually you'll get to the right point!
    Thanks pal!

So I've been told this gets finished TODAY.
    I've fixed the perspective by taking a few pictures of one of our flatdeck trucks (the same length as the cube van) and using those angles. I was pretty much dead on before, I've only had to adjust by a few degrees.
    I can't put any strips on the floor as the floor is "raupanel"- an in-floor heating system ( our supplier Rehau wanted to see that in there).
    I've added a phone number, ".com" tag, and "wholesale distributor of plumbing and heating supplies" as my boss wanted that on there.
    I've put the stuff in the truck, and the floor, back into focus. I like it better like that.

Any last-minute suggestions before this goes to the press?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	411 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	3649Thanks to everyone who contributed! Here's the wrap, installed on the truck.

Great job! Looks great!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Superb. I never saw creativity like this before. Great job indeed

Page 3 of 3 First 123