•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Layout for tattoo parlor

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    Just got finished (maybe) working on this layout for a friend of mine and possibly where I might be working in a few months...It's a tattoo and piercing parlor. I've only done the design part so far. Haven't begun coding anything yet..anyway thought I would get a bit of feedback on how it looks so far.
    Thanks
    Okay thumbnail is tiny even when enlarged so try viewing here. http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...yinklayout.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	countryinklayout.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	626  
    Last edited by AprilMaybe; 22-08-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: image size too small

My Social Networking

Follow StiligeCecilie On Twitter Add StiligeCecilie on Facebook Add StiligeCecilie on Google+
    I think too much cowboy and not enough tattoo/piercing.... I look at this site, and I think at first that it's a site for a ranch or something... What about putting in some more tattoo/piercing elements?
    Portfolio | Pinterest | Facebook | Art prints, and printed merchandise made by me: Society6 Shop

I'm sort of thinking the same thing actually.

I'd be curious to know the background of this company...since I don't think tats or piercings at all when I look at this site. Unless it is not your typical parlor...

To be honest, my first impression when I opened it was "How pretty!" It's a very nice design, but seems a bit feminine and soft for what I picture a tattoo parlor site looking like. I think there is something to be said for being unique and different from the norm, but it's possible to have too much of a good thing I think.

So, what if you darkened it up a bit, made it not quite so soft, but stuck with the cowboy theme?
    Fortune cookie says: "You will be successful, if you don't screw up."
    SidekickWebDesign.com

Blog Entries
    Heres a good tattoo site (Sailor Jerry was the first to pop into my head )
    It's got a good tattoo theme :D

Sailor Jerry: The Original Vintage Tattoo Brand - featuring the Original Tattoo Flash of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins

Maybe something like this for the title:
    http://www.tattoo-flash-art.com/tatt...sh-example.jpg

Heres a cowboy themed one, but I don't really like this one:
    http://www.lostcowboytattoo.com/

Okay changed a few minor things like ditched the little cowboy hat and changed a few fonts...I made a night version just for you sidekickWD lol...Well not really but I was bit curious as to how that version would turn out so here it is. I like that my design doesn't resemble all the other tattoo sites (well maybe not all but a decent majority anyway). Thank you for the comments so far. :-)
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...klayoutday.png
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...layoutnite.png

Nice! I like both of those much more than the first. You're on the right track I think.
    Fortune cookie says: "You will be successful, if you don't screw up."
    SidekickWebDesign.com

Agree! It's starting to look further away from a ranch website, whch s a good thing in my opinion. Do you think you could work the fence a little? It seems a bit chunky, kinda like a Playskool Farm playset.

Keep in mind how much space that top image may take up, too.

My Social Networking

Follow StiligeCecilie On Twitter Add StiligeCecilie on Facebook Add StiligeCecilie on Google+
    ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    Yes, this is nice Much more "tattooy"

I don't like the buttons, tho Are they supposed to look beveled? I say you don't bevel them
    Portfolio | Pinterest | Facebook | Art prints, and printed merchandise made by me: Society6 Shop

Page 1 of 2 12 Last