•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Creative Curio Critique?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hi guys! I miss interacting with you all here! I've been really busy with my blog redesign and I was wondering if you would check it out and let me know if you find any problems. I'm still working on the finer details (like the content in the sidebar and footer, and yes, I know my tag links don't work).

Creative Curio » Learn, discuss and explore the realm of Graphic Design.

If you have any suggestions about what kind of content to include in the sidebar or footer areas, I would love to hear them.

Feel free to comment in this thread or on the blog and thanks in advance! Looking forward to your feedback...
    Looking for more specifics on improving your design skills? Visit my blog at CreativeCurio.com

looks GREAT !!! I actually really like how different the design is!! I wouldn't personally care to use it, but the details are definitely there. The watercolor effect is ace. I had a friend looking for something almost just like this (if you wanted to release it as a Theme )

Anyhow, I noticed your "I Learn From" section.. where I saw David Airey listed. You won't be going wrong there I promise that. His designs are superb.

Anyhow that said, I would really do your best to get these details sorted out. Believe me I feel your pain when it comes to trying to keep any dynamic CMS site validated, something about the markup to the database and back will play funny tricks on your original code... BUT:

CSS Validation: ONE Error on your h5... easy enough

Markup Validation
    : FAILED 38 Errors

aka Tommy Logic ™ :: Web Design :: Digital Business Solutions (like branding and systems integration and shit like that)

Tell your friend not to hold his/her breath. It's an exclusive Creative Curio theme for now! I had to do too much hard coding for it to be very versatile for someone else to use. But thanks for the compliments. I'm finding quite a few people are saying "Not my favorite style," but go on to say they can tell a lot of thought went into it. I really appreciate that people can see that, even if it's not an attractive style to them personally.

Yeah, David is a great designer and really nice guy, too! I've been reading his blog since the beginning of my blogging days (May 07).

Oh thanks for the heads up about the h5. Heh. I suppose there are far worse things!

Eeek, 38 errors with the markup... well, you can get carried away trying to validate for ONE checker, but I'll take a look at that report.
    Looking for more specifics on improving your design skills? Visit my blog at CreativeCurio.com

Yeah, I found a particular module or two and a couple little quirks in mine that caused some chaos. I was typing in the CMS's editor using "&" and it encoded them all as unsescaped ampersands (instead of & in the html). Even going in and manually entering it in proper as html, it converted them all back to the wrong way after I saved the doc. That created a cascading affect of about 4 errors per "&"... times that by 332 documents!!! I now realize I have to keep on eye on posts, needless to say.

And I was kinda kidding about the "Theme"... I saw it wsa quite a bit of detail into it.

aka Tommy Logic ™ :: Web Design :: Digital Business Solutions (like branding and systems integration and shit like that)

The design is great. Not my personal cup of tea perhaps, but then you come for the articles. It will be interesting to see if you're right about typography sites being the next big thing. If they are, I see a lot more designers getting involved with developers, since much of the web design typography currently around the internet is awful...
    Richard Gray
    zumojuice | Facebook | Twitter

Looks fantastic - I saw an entry about this redesign on your RSS feed a while ago, and wondered how it would turn out. Its possibly a bit too 'girly' to appeal to everyone, but i would take nothing away from it, well done

Zumo, I think there's quite an emergence of good typography. Have you seen this article from I Love Typograhy? John has published 3 others also:
    15 Great Examples of Web*Typography | i love typography, the typography blog
    15 Excellent Examples of Web Typography. Under the*Bonnet | i love typography, the typography blog
    15 Excellent Examples of Web Typography. Part 1 | i love typography, the typography blog

I could spend hours looking at those sites! They are soooo beautiful.

Thanks for your responses, guys. Did you see any browser issues? I think by now I have them all cleared up, but just in case...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

weird. my reply got posted twice. well, deleting this one.
    Last edited by LaurenMarie; 30-05-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last