•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->

New portfolio design

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    just finished my new design..haven't posted my work up just yet, still working on the layout of the works...however what do you guys think of what's there so far?

i'm going for a real simple design, as opposed to my old portfolio, which was confusing to navigate/find my work.

mike fortuna - graphic designer - NY, NY

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Toon On Twitter Add Toon on Facebook Add Toon on Google+
    Add Toon on Linkedin Follow Toon on Flickr Visit Toon's Youtube Channel
    If you do it with a main background image which is the same referenced on every page you wouldn't get that delay when the table slices load.

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    If you do it with a main background image which is the same referenced on every page you wouldn't get that delay when the table slices load.
    which was my original way, however I couldn't get the java timeouts to work with a bg image behind the table for some reason...i think they were hidden behind the bg image...

design>coding

Your work navigation is ok, but the rest is lost a the bottom of the page in the scroll zone which is a little annoying. I'd work of keeping your navigation within the top 3rd of your design and make it clearer.
    Richard Gray
    zumojuice | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by zumojuice View Post
    Your work navigation is ok, but the rest is lost a the bottom of the page in the scroll zone which is a little annoying. I'd work of keeping your navigation within the top 3rd of your design and make it clearer.
    Gotcha...redesign in progress, as soon as I get some free time.

Thanks for the advice guys, helped alot, I'll be posting the updated version asap.

The other thing is making navigation 'obvious', so all users can can arrive, and instantly navigate around your content. Also you name cuts off a little on the bottom. Thats not a major thing but you might want to reduce it.
    Richard Gray
    zumojuice | Facebook | Twitter

ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
    The rightside menu doesnt seem to work in Firefox, atleast not on this computer.