•  » Graphic Design
  •  » Web Design
  •  » Logos and Branding
  •  » Illustration
  •  » Photography
  •  » Design Tutorials
  •  » Plenty of Off Topic Chat

Register now to remove this ad box

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

-->

Your opinion please!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

This is my portfolio. I tried to keep it simple. It has some issues I need to fix (IE6 needs conditional coding I haven't done yet...), but I like it in general.
    Tell me what you think:

*ορτφόλιο Αναστασία Μελ*κου - Εικαστικά - Portfolio of Anastasia Melekou

Very interesting layout, different from most. I'm not too sure about the black on red, I can't read it too well, maybe try while on Red. Love the photography work
    Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything. - Paris Hilton

Yes, I know, that is an issue too... I will most probably change that.

It feels very different, which is good. Few pointers:

Check you bio: It could certainly be better written as it seems a bit choppy and difficult to read. Bring the italics brighter. You also don't need to use speech marks as the names are not speech. Italics are fine, or if you must, use single 'inverted commas'.

The black and read thing as discussed before. Also watch the text and how it goes off to the left, as on the longer descriptions of work, it goes over your navigation.

If you're going to have your click and zoom function, you could probably get away with having the work a little smaller. For some reason, if feels like it is more effort to have to scroll. I think because it feels like there is not flow to go down?
    Richard Gray
    zumojuice | Facebook | Twitter

You are right about text going over my navigation. I only checked it on wide screens... I'll fix that too. You know this is a problem for me.

I work on a mac and I check the compatibility with safari, firefox and opera. If I want to check IE compatibility I have to find a PC to do it and I just hate that!

I just wish there could be some way to test site's compatibility and how it looks in different screen resolutions from a single computer. I found this but I would never pay for it...

Yeah I was looking at your site with a pc and it is hard to read, i know that you get more contrast on macs but chances are, your site's mainly going to be viewed in a pc. Other than that i like your concept and quick question. Is "The man in dark made out of a ton of layers with higher depths that move according to it's previous one minus like 1 px on the x and the y dir using a set interval?
    "Two wrongs don't make a right... but three rights make a left"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is "The man in dark made out of a ton of layers with higher depths that move according to it's previous one minus like 1 px on the x and the y dir using a set interval?
    Well, I really don't know... This is a project of Miltos Manetas (I also have a link to his site). Isn't it great how it floats? I really like it. Jackson Pollock too... You can end up painting for hours.

Anyway, thanx for the tips I need to find a PC to check the site and fix the IE6 problems too.