Welcome to the Graphic and Web Design Forum
your forum for all things Design
- » Graphic Design
- » Web Design
- » Logos and Branding
- » Illustration
- » Design Software
- » Photography
- » Tutorials
- » Plenty of Off Topic Chat
Register now to remove this ad box
- 14-05-2007, 06:04 PM #1
How to change dpi in illustrator?
ADS NOT VISIBLE TO MEMBERS
Hi im new with working in illustrator and i canīt see how i can change the dpi...
I want it from 72 dpi to 300 dpi... as it is for print..
Also when i try saving the file as eps format... it says that one font wasnīt embedded in the document, how can i embeded this font?
Thanks for the help...
- 14-05-2007, 07:22 PM #2
There's no need to change the DPI. Illustrator is vector-based which means you can print it the size of the earth (if a printer had that capability).
When you save a file and want to embed the font, it will ask you in the dialogue box when you are saving. Check the box to embed.
I don't recommend embedding fonts because of problems so I usually change all my fonts to outlines and then save it as a separate file. This way you'll have your native file to go back to and edit the text.Christina Wilkinson
- 24-05-2007, 05:18 AM #3
Oki thanks for that answer....
What do you mean by saving the fonts in a seperate file?
- 24-05-2007, 05:35 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
- Sheffield, UK
- Blog Entries
- 24-05-2007, 01:57 PM #5
- By Graphic Design Links in forum Graphic Design LinksReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
- By rickl in forum Graphic Design and Web Design HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 19-11-2007, 03:43 PM
- By szmitek in forum Graphic Design and Web Design HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 26-10-2007, 08:34 PM
- By hit-squad in forum Graphic Design Forum AnnouncementsReplies: 20Last Post: 25-06-2007, 09:44 AM